Thursday, November 15, 2012

Story Action Pod: BOT edition

C/O Mr Schu Reads
So after the overwhelming fun that emanated from our last Story Action Pod (which, by the way, was a landslide victory with a write-in candidate) I was energized to create another one. After all the sharks and trains, I decided that the Story Action Pod was severely lacking in the robot department.

I went with "Boy +Bot" by Ame Dyckman and Dan Yaccarino, which I snatched greedily from the fingers of an unsuspecting child while laughing maniacally and possibly pointing before tearing off on my Harley

Or from the new picture books display. I promise. It's another one of those, though, that we probably should have more copies of, because it is literally never available. So after I checked it out to myself, I smacked one of these bad boys on it to prevent it from walking away:


The smiley face was a careless afterthought.

I actually spent a little more time on this one, because my original idea was overly complex. I think I made the correct decision-- here's two entries for our make-a-book we got today:

Done half with pen; we make them ask for coloring supplies




The fact that this robot has hair freaks me out for some reason.



Ready to try this awesome stealth program?
"BOY+BOT" Directions: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3Xfsh6UaBOSQXhpczRPTW1BVXc
"BOY+BOT" activity sheet: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3Xfsh6UaBOSY3dzSzBqRlgtZWs

'Tis the season for sharing, Fred.

2 comments:

KathyS said...

Thank you for the great idea! I put this out, and my fave response so far has been the bot that teleports you when you grab its head, and it has an oven in its chest to make you cookies and pizza

Bryce said...

Wow, that would literally be the best robot friend EVER! Thanks for sharing!